Monday, July 21, 2008

gifts

Looking forward to this weekend... Saturday is jam packed with photo sessions and I'm excited. Hopefully by Sunday night I'll have a few posted on here to share.

I'm posting a couple of my favorites from June below. If you didn't know already, I'm a huge Leave it to Beaver fan.... like in the category of weird maybe. So anyway, I bought this phone on eBay last year and it's the phone that was used on the show in the first couple of seasons (1957-58). Yes, THE phone. You know, the one in the upstairs hall between Wally and Beaver's bedroom and mom and dad's bedroom? Yeah, I guess you don't know. :) I actually like this style of phone so much that I painted a huge one and it's hanging above our fireplace.


I have been thinking lately about people I know who are so talented. I have many friends and family that sew, make jewelry, paint. It's easy to forget why we each have different talents. These gifts belong to Him like everything else we possess. We are given these for a time to use for our own happiness and to serve God.

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

No comments:

Based on the gifts they have received, everyone should use it to serve others,
as good managers of the varied grace of God. I Peter 4:10