Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

Mama and me, 1972

For some reason, God has prompted me to share this. I didn't post a blog on Mother's Day and I probably should have but it's not too late. My mother went to live with her Lord in January 2005. I am reminded of her daily when I want to call and tell her something about my day or when I see a flower blooming in my yard. She was a very traditional southern lady and she passed that down to me. She had values that I didn't understand when I was young, but I have grown to embrace those more each day. Often I just wish I still had a person in my life to look after me like she did, but no one will ever fill that spot. She had an unconditional love for me and we always came first in her life. The pain of the loss will never completely be gone, but the memories I have will encourage me until we are together again. I pray that one day I can come close to the kind of Godly woman and mother that she was for me.

"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. Proverbs 31:29-31

1 comment:

anita said...

I know exactly how you feel, but I also know that your mother was very proud of you. She told me so! I too, miss my mom and can't wait until I will see her again one day. I think of your mom when I see certain flowers and my mom & Brenda as well on a daily basis. I don't think we ever stop thinking of our loved ones.
I love the photo that you shared! You haven't changed a bit!!! HA HA

Based on the gifts they have received, everyone should use it to serve others,
as good managers of the varied grace of God. I Peter 4:10